The Food industry is said to be the most profitable sector, only being second to the health care sector in India. The profit scale of this industry has risen thanks to many food processing brands that have won the hearts of many food lovers in India. With the varieties and innovative ideas brought up by different companies, the overall scope of the Food sector has increased tremendously. Out of the many food processing items, one which is savored by many is waffles. And the first name that rings a bell in the minds of people at the mention of waffles is Belgian Waffle (Belgian Waffle Franchise).
Having its origin in the year 2015, Belgian Waffle Co. is owned and managed by a brand called Bloombay Enterprises LLP which was founded by Shrey Aggarwal and Co-founded by Alisha Shirodkar. Right from the beginning, Belgian Waffle is one of the first entrants in the Food processing sector became a likeable food item for many people in India. Since its foundation, the brand has come a long way ahead by having more than 200 + stores in 50 + major cities of the country. As compared to other companies in the same sector this is a big feat in itself.
Unlike other brands in the food processing sector, the return on investment period of Belgian waffle is quite early and it provides a low investment high profit type of model. Belgian Waffle offers two types of franchise models to the interested candidates as per their financial conditions. The brand has been successful in understanding the Indian markets and hence considering the population of vegetarians, it only offers waffles that are eggless. The quality and the variety of waffles served by Belgian waffle is something that is helped them in getting immense popularity among the people.
Being an Indian brand in a food processing sector has an advantage in itself. However, Belgian Waffle has various other advantages and USP’s which are beneficial for individuals who are its unit holders. The various advantages of acquiring Belgian Waffle franchise is mentioned as follows:
- First of comes the support and guidance that is given by Belgian Waffle to individuals who acquire its franchise. The brand provides dedicated team for assisting an individual in setting up the Belgian Waffle unit in a selected location. Right from the time of inception to the time of working operations, the team is always there to assist its unit holders whenever needed. The brand also provides every unit holder with a manual that can be used as a guide.
- Advantage of acquiring a unit of Belgian Waffle is the quality of waffles that they offer. They have studied their target audience very carefully, the same can be observed from the fact that they mostly offer eggless waffles to the customers. Having quality waffles and a wide range of desserts in the menu, results in a frequent visits of customers at your store and frequent visits but only mean one thing, that is increasing number of profit ratios.
- The brand offers a low cost high profit franchise model to the interested candidates. Every unit holder is concerned about the expected return on investment period, however, in the case of Belgian Waffle and the demand it holds in the market, the ROI period is quite less. Belgian Waffle also provides individuals with two types of Franchise models that is a kiosk model and a cafe model. This makes sure that the investor or the potential unit holder can acquire the right type of franchise model as per his/her plans and vision.
- The brand name that Belgian Waffle has developed in a span of just a few years is a commendable thing in itself. Being a part of such a brand ensures that you are never in short of customers and demands. Waffles being considered as a dessert has a huge demand in the country, now and even in the future. Apart from that, the brand has also been awarded with Best Waffle Restaurant (Dessert Parlor) – Mumbai Indian Restaurant Congress 2018, Franchisor of the Year (Dessert Parlor) – Franchise India 2018, Best Waffle Brand – Restaurant India 2018, 2018 Certificate of Excellence –TripAvisor, Franchise 100 India’s Top Franchise – Franchise India, Top 100 Startups to watch in 2019 – Sutra HR.
As discussed above, Belgian Waffle offers two types of Franchise models to the interested candidates, one is a kiosk model and the other is a café model. The investment amount for both the models varies and ranges between 20 to 25 Lakhs INR as per the model selected. The individual is also required to pay 8 Lakhs INR as a Franchise fee.
The expected return on investment is said to be within 12 months of operations. There is no disclosure about the profit percentage, however, every unit is expected to pay a royalty fee that varies between 8% to 12.5% as per the gross sales.
Before signing the Franchise agreement, as a potential unit holder you are required to fulfill few of the obligations that are mentioned by the brand. The various requirements are mentioned as follows:
- The minimum area required for starting a unit of Belgian Waffle unit is between 200 to 300 sq. ft. of area. The unit has to be in a high-street market, malls, or a crowded place. The area can be owned or rented by the individual.
- The minimum number of employees in each unit should be around 2 to 4 employees. All employees and the owner is required to take the training that is being provided by the brand.
- There is no specific requirement of the owner having prior experience in the industry, however, they are expected to have the basic knowledge regarding how the business operates.
There are various ways through which one can contact the brand for Franchise, such as visiting the head office or the official website. The easiest way is to head to their official website and fill the Franchise form. You would be later contacted by the representatives of the brand and the process would scale further. The official website of the brand is as follows.
Disclaimer :The information contained in this Article is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by StartupYo (SAB Weblabs Pvt.Ltd). While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and truest to the best of our knowledge, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.