Kona Ice is ranked as the no 1 new franchise ice truck industry in the USA. At present it is one of the fastest growing franchises in the USA, all because of its unique combination and strong corporate support. They have been serving shaved ice for the past 10+ years. The best thing about this business is, you can be the boss of your own business and can set your own hours. No one can beat their mobility, flexibility and profitability process. They are famous for its Flavor Wave and have almost hundreds of flavors available. At present there are more than 1000+ Kona ice franchises in 48 states and its number is constantly growing.
Tony Lamb the CEO of Kona Ice franchise created this truck concept in 2007 after taking inspiration from a bad experience. In 2008 they started franchising and started multiplying in number. They have strong competitors in the market but their processing and delivering is unique and far better than other ice cream shops. This tropical-themed mobile shaved ice franchise has its headquarters in Florence, Kentucky.
If you’re interested in Ice Cream and want to know why Kona Ice could be a game changer and a perfect fit for you. Listed below are some benefits that can help you in knowing the reason why one should own a Kona Ice Franchise.
Money Making: Kona Ice is a best example of money making business, its business model helps franchisees to make great money. It’s a healthy profitable business making 20-30% gross profit on every sale.
Brand Recognition & Loyalty: They have a wide recognition in the mobile food industry and are having millions of fan followers on the globe. They have built a loyal family throughout the globe.
Low investment & Operating Costs: If you have low net worth and want to start a business with low investment range then Kona Ice franchise is the business accessible for the people with low investment budget. Its operating costs are low because the company runs their business on trucks.
Support & Training: Franchisees enjoy its endless support system throughout the journey and also experience its training material support.
Read More: How to Start Gong Cha Franchise In USA?
If you are going to open a Kona Ice Franchise, then here is what you want to know in order to start this business, its ongoing fees, net worth, required cash and much more.
- Initial Franchise Fee $30,000
- Additional Franchise Fee $10,000
- Cash Requirement $20,000
- Royalty Fee 3k – $4k/ yr ($3,000 for 2 years, $3,500 for 3-6 years, $ 4,000 for 7-10 years).
- Technology Fee $10 – $159.99 per month
- 10 years of term Agreement.
This largest food truck company is the nation’s favorite “Shaved Ice Truck” and famous for its quick service. As the company grows it provides various opportunities for the enthusiastic entrepreneurs to join its market. They are looking for people who are passionate about food and can provide it in the best possible way. Kona Ice franchise is famous for its franchise opportunities.
- The company provides opportunities to passionate, hardworking candidates who are dedicated towards the Kona Ice brand.
- The brand is famous for, be good, do good, for good so investors looking for a good business opportunity can contact them.
- If you are looking for a low investment franchise cost, here you will get the opportunity to be an owner of a food truck business on a very low investment range.
- This recession-proof business provides a unique business model that provides opportunity to thrive in any economic season.
- If you are looking to invest in a business full of fun, innovation and dedicated to you, then Kona Ice franchise is the best opportunity to start with.
- Kona ice provides potential franchising opportunities for franchisees, they are best at corporate support and marketing and much more.
The beginning operation cost for Kona Ice Franchise ranges from $150,400 – $ $174,150. Depending on how much financial investment you pay, Kona Ice is divided into different styles like Kona Minis, The Kona Kiosk, The Kona Trailer, and The KEV 2.0.
Listed below are some Expenditure Types ranging from Low to High amount
- Initial Franchise Fee ranging from $15,00 to $ 15,000.
- KEV and equipment installed ranging from $124,500 to $124,500.
- Training Expenses ranging from $850 to $950.
- KEV delivery ranging from $500 to $3,000.
- KEV compliance Fee ranging from $0 to $5,000.
- KEV Insurance for three months ranging from $600 to $1,500.
- Tax, Title, and licensing KEV ranging from $2,000 to $6,000.
- Initial Inventory ranging from $5,500 to $5,500.
- Optional inventory ranging from $0 to $ 500.
- Permits & Licenses ranging from $250 to $1,500.
- Real Estate or KEV storage ranging from $0 to $,200.
- Computer systems and software ranging from $200 to $1,000.
- Additional funds for three months ranging from $1,000 to $8,500
All these Expenditures amount make a Total Estimated Initial Investment of $150,400 to $174,150.
Read More: How to Start Jersey Mike’s Franchise In USA ?
As per its recent statement, Kona Ice was able to generate a net income of $2,665,403. Kona Ice is a profitable business and allows profit margin up to 50% and for a Kona franchise owner it will take less than 3 years to recoup its investment.
This list shows types of income of Kona Ice
- Revenue $24,408.838
- Cost of goods sold by Kona Ice $11,594,509
- Its Gross Profit $12,814,329
- Its Selling, general and administrative expenses $10,019,654
- Other net income $240,752
- Protection Program forgiveness Paycheck $676,700
- Interest income $387
- Property & Equipment Gain on sale $4,504
- Interest expense $200,357
- Bad debt recovery expenses $115,829
- Other total income expense $597,149
- Income before income taxes $3,391,824
- Current $767,799
- Deferred $42,378
- Total income tax expense benefits $726,421.
All these income generate a Net Income of $2,665403 for Kona Ice.
Kona Ice Menu provides a variety of Shaved cups and options for birthday packages and other private parties. Its menu is not expensive and you can try its Regular King Kona, Collectable and Color-Changing Cups. Its varieties include classic, Vita-blend, Isotonic performance blend, and sugar frees infused with vitamins. Here is the list of Kona Ice Flavors
- Amaretto Sour, Aprium Rose Sangria.
- Bhama Mama, Blackberry Mojito, Black Cherry, Blueberry Acai, Blue Bubble Gum, Blue Coconut, Blue Raspberry, Bourbon Black Cherry Vanilla, Bug Juice, Buttered Beer.
- Caramel Macchiato, Caribbean Cherry+, Cherry Limeade, Citrus Sour Swizzle, Coconut Lime, Cosmopolitan, Cotton Candy Blue, Cotton Candy Pink, Cranky Candy Corn, Cryin’ key lime.
- Daiquiri, French Vanilla.
- French Vanilla Latte.
- Green Apple, Groovy Grape.
- Hawallan Dreamsicle, Horchta.
- Ice Cream, Island Rush.
- Kola, Kooky Candy Apple.
- Lavender Lemonade, Lemonade, Lucky Lime.
- Mai Tai, Margarita, Mermaid, Monkey Business, Monster Mango, Moonflower.
- Ninja Cherry.
- Orange ya Happy.
- Paradise Pink Lemon, Passion Fruit, Peach, Pina Colada, Pineapple Cream, Pineapple Sunrise, Pink Bubble Gum, Pomegranate + Acai, Pucker-up Peach.
- Red Cream Soda, Red Raspberry, Root Beer, Rose Petal Lemonade.
- Scarlet Dragon, Sour Berry Blast, Strawberry’s Treasure, Strawberry Kiwi, Sweet Caramel Apple.
- Tiger’s Blood.
- Watermelon Mint, Watermelon Wave, Wedding Cake, White Wine Spritzer.
Kona Ice is one of the largest food truck concepts in the world, as per data they have reached a monumental 1,400 trucks worldwide nearly tripling its volume since 2014. In addition to this, Kona is coming up with more than 200 franchisees in the coming years. Its available market network is outstanding and is operating in many countries.
- Its available market in the United States is in, Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Washington DC, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.
- Its available market in Canada is in, Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Province du Quebec, Saskatchewan, Yokon.
Read More: How to Start Chick Fil A Franchise In USA ?
Like other franchises Kona Ice also has a similar application procedure, you need to fill its online application process in order to get started.
- Fill in your basic details, like first name and your last name, your email address, phone number, street address, city and state location, and Zip or Postal address.
- Next you need to select one or multiple markets of interest.
- Select download the Kona Ice Franchisee satisfaction report and submit it.
- Once you submit its application form, its officials will come in contact with you.
For more info visit https://ownakona.com
This tropical-themed truck business is profitable when we look at its cost procedure. This nation’s favorite brand is a great success from recent years. As it is multiplying and targeting new locations creating opportunities for passionate food and beverage investors to invest in a rich successful business.
In this business you can set your own hours and can make it as per your own will. It’s all about minimal investment with high profitability. If you are interested in this business and want to control business according to your own will, then Kona Ice is a business for you.
How much to Open Kona Ice franchise?
Under this investment range $150,400 – $ 174,150 you can open its franchise.
Is Kona Ice a good franchise?
Kona Ice is a good franchise, providing successful business benefits.
How much does a Kona Ice owner make?
They have not disclosed its franchisees financial statistics.
When did Kona Ice start franchising?
Kona Ice started franchising in 2008.
Disclaimer :The information contained in this Article is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by StartupYo (SAB Weblabs Pvt.Ltd). While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and truest to the best of our knowledge, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.