With the introduction of foreign dishes and varieties in the Indian markets, there has been a surge of foodies or food lovers who have contributed to the ever-growing profits in the fast-food industry or the food service industry. When we hear the word ‘Fast-food chains’ the first picture that comes to our minds is either MacDonald’s, Domino’s, Pizza Hut, and so on. However, that is not all, there are many other international based fast-food chain that has been winning the hearts of many foodies and making an overwhelming number of profits in all the prime areas of India. The name of the fast-food chain is KFC.
KFC is already a known brand that has earned its name internationally in many countries. In fact, KFC is the 2nd largest Food chain in the world after MacDonalds. This itself tells us the scale of business and the brand value that the company has made for itself in the last 70 years or so. It is said to have more than 23000 + outlets all across the world, with its presence in more than 140 + countries. In India, KFC is a subsidiary of Yum! Brands and hence to acquire its Franchise one has to approach the above mentioned brand for the same.
It started its operations in India in the year 1995 and since then the brand has developed more than 400 + outlets in 100 cities of our nation. The brand is famous for its finger licking food items such as Hot & Crispy Chicken, Fiery Grilled bucket, Krushers, Chicken Zinger, and Rice Bowls, etc. As mentioned earlier KFC is a part of Yum! Brand which is via three franchise partners namely Sapphire Foods, RJ Corp-owned Devyani International, and Burman Hospitality. It is the same reason why getting a KFC Franchise in India becomes a difficult task for an individual as you require good financial support and assurance to win their trust.
As an individual who is aware of the scale of business that KFC has built, we can easily grasp the various benefits or pros of having a Franchise of the same brand. However, there are also various USP’s of the brand that can help you understand the way this industry works and how you can scale your business easily in a short span of time.
The various advantages of starting KFC Franchise are mentioned as follows.
- The primary advantage is to have a monopoly or dominance in your area without having to worry about any competition. As mentioned above, KFC Franchise is not granted very easily in India, it follows a very complicated process and is given only to selective individuals. Hence, if you acquire a KFC Franchise, you’ll have a huge area covered within your umbrella and this will help you to acquire a good customer base over a wide range as KFC is already favoured by many foodies.
- Another advantage of having a KFC Franchise is the multiple brand value and names that are associated with it. Although KFC already has a good customer base, it is backed with another large company or rather a brand name that has a monopoly for most of the famous brands such as Taco Bell in India. KFC is a subsidiary of Yum! Brand and as discussed it handles all the franchise units of Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, and so on. This gives you a good advantage and an assuring back from such big brands.
- As we are all aware, having a monopoly over items is always an upper hand over your competitors. KFC has its own monopoly through the various trademark items that have won the hearts of many. Their trademark food items like Chicken Popcorn, KFC Hot Grilled Chicken, Extra Crispy Boneless Chicken, and so on are renowned and are always a must try for any individual who is a chicken lover. This clearly gives them an edge over other Fast-food chains in the market.
- Lastly, although the investment amount required is quite high for KFC, the return on investment can be easily seen due to the good profit margin that is being given to the Franchise unitholders. As a Franchise unitholder, you also do not have to worry about any Advertisement campaigns.
As we talked earlier, getting a KFC franchise is a very difficult task as the investment amount itself is very high. Having a strong financial background and influence is the only key to acquire the Franchise of KFC. The total investment required or rather an estimate of the investment goes for more than 1.5 Crore and a huge commercial space for starting the store. Hence, this is the part where most of the interested candidates drop the idea as the investment amount is higher as compared to what it should be, nevertheless the brand is totally worth the capital.
Just how every contract or deal comes with certain terms and conditions, as well as rules and guidelines, there are certain requirements or rather eligibility criterions that are to be complied with by the interested candidate for acquiring the Franchise of KFC. The various requirements for starting KFC Franchise are mentioned as follows.
- As for the commercial space required to start a KFC Franchise outlet, the required space is around 1000 sq. ft to 1600 sq. ft of area. This is an obligatory rule that has to be strictly followed as the commercial space itself speaks a lot about the brand.
- Another requirement is that the individual should have a strong financial background and also a very good experience in the food chain industry. In case there is any lack of experience, you may get rejected by the brand directly.
To apply for KFC Franchise, one would require to visit the website of KFC itself and click on ‘Alliance with Us’. Here, you would be asked to fill a form that would contain various important details. In the application form, you are required to fill details like commercial space size, type of ownership & details, the amount that you can invest, Address of planned space, pics of the location, and other basic details.After the submission, if you meet their requirement, they will contact you for the next steps. The official website of KFC is as follows, https://online.kfc.co.in/
What is the Franchise term agreement for KFC Franchise?
It is 20 years
Who is the real owner of KFC?
KFC was founded by Colonel Harland Sanders
How much is the royalty commission to be given?
Disclaimer: The information contained in this article is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by StartupYo (SAB Weblabs Pvt. Ltd). While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and truest to the best of our knowledge, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability, or availability concerning the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.