How to Start a Homemade Biscuit Making Business?
This article helps you to provide the information that includes the following: What are biscuits made of, biscuit making business plan, what are the main ingredients in biscuits, homemade biscuit making business permissions, biscuit and cookies business plan in India and many more.
What are Biscuits made of?
Before you know about what are biscuits made of firstly you need to know what is a biscuit. StartupYo provides you the full clarification about biscuits. A biscuit is a food product that is baked by using the flour-based raw materials.
What are the main Ingredients in Biscuits?
The following are the main ingredients that are used for the manufacturing of biscuits:
· Firstly, Wheat Flour
· Secondly, Wheat Gluten
· Thirdly, Starch
· Lastly, Corn Flour
· Firstly, Sucrose
· Secondly, Glucose Syrup
· Thirdly, Cane Syrup
· After that, Invert Syrup
· Then after, Fructose Syrup
· Lastly, Malt Extract
Thirdly, Dough Fats and Oils
· Firstly, Vegetable fats
· Secondly, Butter
· Thirdly, Coconut Oil
Also, other ingredients are of the following:
· Firstly, Lecithin
· Secondly, Ammonium bicarbonate ((NH4)HCO3)
· Thirdly, Acid Calcium Phosphate (ACP)
· After that, Salt (NaCl)
· Then after, Proteolysis enzyme
· Also, Egg powder
· Yeast (Fresh)
· Sodium bicarbonate (NAHCO3)
· Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate (SAPP)
· Lastly, Sodium metabisulphite (NA2S205)
Fill the form below if you need any help starting this business, we will reach you and assist you regarding this business
Biscuit making Business Plan
The following are the simple steps for the Biscuit making Business Plan:
· Step – 1: Firstly, you need to analyze the market opportunity for the Biscuit making Business Plan
· Step – 2: Secondly, you need to determine your product
· Step – 3: Thirdly, you need to prepare the Biscuit making Business Plan or Biscuit making Project Report
· Step – 4: After that, you need to get the homemade biscuit making business permissions and licenses
· Step – 5: Then after, you need to set up the production unit of biscuit and cookies business plan in India
· Step – 6: Also, you need to procure the biscuit making machinery
· Step – 7: You need to arrange the raw materials that are mentioned above
· Step – 8: Biscuit production flow chart and biscuit making process
· Step – 9: Maintain the quality control
· Step – 10: Lastly, you need to distribute the biscuits to the distributors and should do the marketing
The above simple steps can explain briefly in the following:
1. You need to analyze the market opportunity for the Biscuit making Business Plan
The major opportunities to succeed in the biscuit and cookies business plan in India are of the
following: In the first step, you need to analyze the business and observe the competitors how
they are selling and growing their business. The market opportunity for the Biscuit making
Business Plan depends upon the following factors like:
· Firstly, New flavors
· Secondly, Shapes
· Thirdly, Innovative Packaging
· Lastly, Taste
So you must analyze the market strategies to get success in the homemade biscuit making
2. You need to determine your product
After analyzing your Biscuit making Business Plan the most important second step is to
determine what type of biscuit you’re introducing in the market. Like there are many different
biscuits of the following:
sugar-free biscuits, salted biscuits, coconut biscuits, jeera crunch biscuits, arrowroot biscuits,
wafer biscuits, cream biscuits, ginger biscuits, digestive biscuits and many more. So depends
on the flavors, taste, shape, and many more you need to decide what type of biscuit you’re
going to introduce in the market.
3. You need to prepare the Biscuit making Business Plan or Biscuit making Project
In this third step, you must prepare a project report for your biscuit making business. So if you
have anyidea on the hardware side and software side you can create your budget plan for the
raw materials, machinery, assets, and liabilities, etc. If you don’t have any idea regarding these
aspects then you can consult an expert like StartupYo which helps you to guide about Biscuit
making Business Plan.
The following is the sample cost of the Biscuit making Project designed by the StartupYo:
|1.||Production Unit||Rs. 80,00,000|
|2.||Land area||Rs. 2,00,000|
|3.||Working Capital for 03 months||Rs. 41,00,000|
|5.||Furniture and Miscellaneous||Rs. 2,00,000|
|6.||Preliminary & Preparative expenses||Rs. 80,000|
4. You need to get the homemade biscuit making business permissions and licenses
Homemade biscuit making business permissions are necessary for the registration process. So
you need to decide which type of registration you want to make like of the following: Pvt. Ltd.
Company, Ltd. Company or LLC Company. The following are the mandatory registration forms
and process you must undergo:
· Firstly, to get the financial assistance and Govt. subsidy you need to apply for the
registration in MSME Udyog Aadhaar.
· Secondly, from the local municipal authorization, you need to apply for the trade license
· Thirdly, for the tax submission, you must obtain the GSTIN.
Lastly, mandatory to apply for the FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India)
Registration because you are going to produce the food item so you need to compile with
PFA ACT and also BIS (Bureau of Indian Standards) Certification to use the ISI Mark on your
5. You need to set up the production unit of biscuit and cookies business plan in India
A Small scale biscuit unit will require an area of about 1500 sq. ft. And the size of the
production unit will depend on the capacity of production. So nearby the front gate it requires
huge space for loading the biscuits and unloading the biscuits and the main space consumed
by the following: production, official work, packaging, and storage. Also, you need to check
the availabilities of the following: water supply and power supply that should be located near
to the production unit of biscuit and cookies business plan in India.
6. You need to procure the biscuit making machinery
You can manufacture the biscuits by using the machines which are fully – automatic and semi-automatic. Even though the process of production and also the capacity of output depended by the specific machinery requirements, for a small scale biscuit business unit a semi-automatic unit is enough to manufacture the biscuits. The following are the few biscuit making machines that are required for the biscuit making business plan:
· Firstly, Flour Shifter automatic screw type vibrator system with an automatic lifting system
· Secondly, Roll Sheeter
· Thirdly, Cooling conveyor
· After that, Turntable working between oven and conveyor fitted with motor and starters
· Then after, Syrup Machine with one motor & starters
· Also, working table with S.S./Aluminum top
· For rolling and cutting purpose an automatic continuous roller cutting machine is required
· To add sweetness to the biscuits sugar grinding machine is required
· To make the biscuit double the double-action horizontal mixing machine is required
· For the preparation of salted biscuits, Oil spraying machine is required
· Extra Brass roller for rotary cutting machine and roller cutting machine
· For grinding the biscuit a Biscuit Grinder with motor is required
· Lastly, Weighing Balance platform type
7. You need to arrange the raw materials that are mentioned above
For any commercial business, the raw materials are very important. So for the biscuit raw
materials, you can check above apart from that you need a moisture-proof and attractive
packaging for paying attention for the bulk supply to the outer carton
8. Biscuit production flow chart and biscuit making process
The following are the simple steps for homemade biscuit making business:
Step – 1: Firstly, you need to know what are the main ingredients in biscuits is required to
prepare. So mix the following ingredients like:
· Firstly, Soy flour
· Secondly, Vanaspati
· Thirdly, Maida
· After that, Starch
· Then after, Water
· Also, others
Step – 2: Secondly, the above ingredients should blend until it gets to the desired
Step – 3: Thirdly, you should roll the dough the blended ingredients.
Step – 4: After that, you need to bake the biscuits.
Step – 5: Then after, you need to keep them in a cool place for cooling purpose.
Step – 6: Lastly, pack the biscuits using the wrappers.
9. Maintain the quality control
· Firstly, the main important factors for the biscuit making business are of the following: GMP
(Good Manufacturing Practice) and Quality Control.
· Secondly, BIS Certification is also be maintained.
· Thirdly, before packaging, you need to test the product for checking the quality of the
· Lastly, need to maintain the biscuit factory hygienic
10. You need to distribute the biscuits to the distributors and should do the marketing
· Firstly, for success in any business, a proper marketing team is required.
· Secondly, for the marketing purpose you the electronic media.
· Lastly, distribute the biscuits in rural areas as well as in urban areas with the help of the