Let’s face it, we’ve all been through this situation atleast one time, when we have these important documents to be turned in and we finally find the lost stapler but it just sinks your heart when you try to staple those papers together just to find out that the staple pins are missing.
That’s the exact moment we realise how those tiny and thin staple pins are important for a stapler to do its job and also make fancy analogies. Like, how the staple pins are important for a stapler to work that’s how important this staple pins manufacturing business is important for you to get you some good bucks and earn.
Though the staple pins business is an undervalued one it has a vast market potential because of its contributions to the Indian stationary and office supplies market, which is valued at ₹4000 crore.
Staple pins are still an essential need in the printing and paper industry across various sectors of the economy irrespective of the divergence towards the screen based and digital learning and working platform emergence. This is why you should take up this business and here’s how.
Market potential and uses
Staple pins are the pins used as an intermediary in the staplers to bunch papers, books, cards, paper bags, clothing etc together, which forces pins to fierce the paper and the ends are bent to hold them together separately.
The market potential for staple pins is vast because of the still existing paper based needs of the consumers in the educational, printing and publishing and office sectors despite of the dependence on the digital technology.
Further the market potential for staple pins can be defined and elaborated on the following basis:
On the basis of type of staple pins
- Fine wire : used in upholstery industry
- Medium wire : used for fixing heavier materials like wood
- Heavy wire : used on tins and furniture framework
- Used to staple papers
- Common known bills
- Office documents
- Sandwich bags
- Album photos
- Copper coated staples
- White shining staples
- Stainless steel staples
- NOC by state pollution control board
- Trade license
- MSME registration
- GST registration
Quality standards according to: Indian specification IS 4224:1972
The investment required to set up a staple link making business is
|Fixed capital investment||₹ 2.5 lakhs|
|Working capital investment||₹ 1 lakh|
|Profit||₹ 1 lakh – ₹ 2 lakh per year|
|Rate of return||5%|
The target consumers for your staple pins manufacturing business are as follows:
Commercial and governmental offices: These make use of staple pins in the stapler for the purpose of bunching certain papers, documents and filing the paper work etc to ensure organization and collectivity.
Schools and colleges: The schools and colleges make use of staple pins as a part of stapler for the purpose of holding the project papers, assignments etc together to avoid any sort of misplacing.
Publishing and printing spaces: The publishers of student textbooks, readers, and the print spaces like that of magazines, newspapers, newsletters etc also require staple pins to staple the papers together and bunch them as a book to ensure they look appealing and readable.
Paper bag making industry: The paper bag making industry for the purpose of shopping, carrying etc also makes use of staple pins to staple the ends of the the paper bag holder ends so that the items in the bag are not displaced and paper bags prove effective as a carrier or a container.
Garment and leather industry: Fee garments and leather industries also make use of staple pins to bunch together and pin the products made of them eg: clothes for toys and soft toys etc.
Handcrafts: The staple pins are also used along with the stapler to put together the handcrafts made of craft paper like greeting cards etc and also to put together certain bags, toys, decorative items, books etc.
Stationeries: The stationeries also stick up on the staple pins of various types to meet the required needs of the consumers depending on their purpose of making use of a stapler.
Others: The staple pins are used by other hotels, restaurants, airports, private offices etc for the purpose of billing or just pulling the documents together.
The area required to set up this staple pin making business is 50 sq ft – 200 sq ft.
Raw materials required
The raw material required for the business are
- Performed wire
- Packing materials/boxes
The machinery required to set up the staple pins making business is
- Automatic staple pin making machine with electrical
- Double ended bench grinder cap 8° wheel
- Common tools and measuring instruments
- Spares and fixtures
The manpower required to set up this business is
- 2 skilled workers
- 3 unskilled workers
Moreover, ample training to these workers in terms of the following must also be provided with
- Machinery usage
- Equipment handling
- Safety and precautions
Business model and growth
The business model of a Staple pin manufacturing business can be defined using these four variants
Value proposition: The value which this business is likely to provide to you is:
- Low investment and space requirement and easy manufacturing process because of easily available raw materials.
- Wider target customer base.
- Commercial and governmental offices
- Garment and leather industries
- Schools and colleges
- Publishing and printing spaces
- Toys and handcrafts making industries
- Gift and novelties stores
- Xerox spaces
- Sheetal stationary and xerox
- Classic packs
- Mercury enterprises
- Impex international
The marketing strategy that can be implemented by your staple pin manufacturing business is
- By providing bulk and cash discounts to the wholesale and retail stationeries.
- By tying-up with reputed stapler companies to increase the sales turnover etc.
The staple pin manufacturing business has the potential and has witnessed the following growth prospects
- The global staple pin market is growing at the rate of 8%-10% every year because of its increasing applications through staplers.
- The unorganized sector is placed at ₹6000 crores or 30% of the total global stationary and office supplies market.
The staple pin manufacturing business is likely to yield you a profit margin of 20%-25%.
While you staple away all your work-from-home documents we’ll help you gather some facts regarding this business opportunity.
- The cost of manufacturing and the investment requirements for this business are low and the market to cater to is vast.
- There’s a possibility of decline in the staple pin manufacturing business because of shift towards digitalization but there are few niches like the governmental offices and schools which might still prefer this for privacy and cost effectiveness purposes respectively.
- The profits from this business and the rising applications of staple pins are one opportunity to be taken advantage of.
Disclaimer :The information contained in this Article is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by StartupYo (SAB Weblabs Pvt.Ltd). While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and truest to the best of our knowledge, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.