The time has long gone when people showed their likeness and and the way they fan girl/fan boy over a particular trend like TV shows, web series, favourite cartoon character, movies, memes etc through a conversation or even an appreciation post, rather they choose to do so my wearing and literally living in it.
Printed T-shirts, has become a new trend. Haven’t we all been there? Bought one of these printed t-shirts either as a gift for our grinds and families or even for ourselves justifying how much we love and are obsessed with a celeb, show, movie etc.
The printing T shirts business doesn’t just go that far. It’s market potential has become vast because of the latest development in technology and not to. Forgot the brilliant little creative minds of people. From getting your picture customised on a T-shirt to getting them dyed, this business has managed to become an essential product of many startups which are now holding global orders. Why don’t you worry about the printed t-shirts you’ll be having you and your company wearing because this printed T-shirt business opportunity is not be me missed out on and here’s why
Market potential and uses
Printed T-shirts are those t-shirts bearing a design, image or a lettering on it by using various forms of printing methods. The on-demand printed t-shirts are having a wide market potential because:
- Of the growing needs of the millennials and baby boomers to keep up with the trends in fashion and clothing and
- Also, need for customisation among businesses to earn some extra income by selling these printed t-shirt a a merchandise.
- The global market for t-shirt printing business infact is expected to reach $10 billion by 2025. Further, the potential for this busines can be defined and elaborated on the following purposes.
Types of T-shirt
- Body-hugging t-shirt
- Oversized t-shirt
- Screen printing
- Laser iron on transfer
- DTG (Direct to garment print)
- Dye sublimation
- Discharge printing
- Stencil painting
- Cut and sew
- Resist dying
- Belt printing
- Graphic printing
- Hand painting
- Letter printing
- Variations of screen painting (Gel, crackle, glow in the dark, UV glow,Suede finish, glitter finish)
- Elderly people
- MSME registration
- GST registration
- Trade license
- Trademark registration
The investment required to set this printed T-shirts business is ₹40000-₹50000.
The profits made from this printing t-shirt business is ₹70000 per month.
The target consumers for this business are as follows
Teenagers: The teenagers are the largest target consumers for this printing T-shirt business in terms of screen printing and digital printing because of their need to keep up with the latest trends in fashion.
Millennials: Because of the growth in trends to wear merchandise of tv shows, celebs etc and for T-shirts being an eternal trend in fashion the need for printed t-shirts to start updated with fashion has been immense.
Business organisations: The business organisations are another largest target customers for their need of using printed t-shirt once customised according to their brand and logo to be then worn by staff, employees or even distribution as merchandise among consumers.
Weddings: Weddings bring you massive busines for this business because of the latest trends in eating customised “shipnames” of the bride and groom.
Gift stores: Gift stores also stock up on glow in the dark, printed T-shirts which could be supplied by your company to attract the millennial crowd.
Tourist spots: retail shops at and near Monuments, airports, railways etc could also have a printed T-shirts with the city/country’s name etc and attract a large tourist crowd for your business.
Online shopping platforms: Online shopping platforms like amazon, Flipkart, Myntra etc could also attract a large demand of online shoppers for your product.
The area required to set up a a printing t-shirt business is 100-300 sq ft.
- Fibre (material)
- Teflon sheets
- Sublimation paper
- Sublimation tape
- Packaging materials
- T-shirt printing machine
- Colour inkjet printer
- Ironing machine
The manpower required to set this T-shirt printing business is
- 1-unskilled worker
- 3-skilled workers
Moreover, ample training in terms of the following must also be provided with
- Equipment handling
- Safety and precautions
Business model and growth
The business model of this t-shirt printing business can be defined using these four variants
Value proposition: The value which this business is likely to provide to you is
- Online and offline demand
- Wide scope for expansion
- Minimal investment in terms of capital and operations
Marketing strategy: The marketing strategy that can be implemented by your business are
- Advertising: Pop up ads, sponsored ads,
- Fashion bloggers: through social media, Instagram, Facebook
- Tie ups: Businesses, shows, celebs through a merchandise line
The T-shirt printing business has the potential and has witnessed the following growth prospects
- The On demand T-shirt printing in India is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.6%.
- Moreover, the online fashion fashion in India is seen to be growing at a CAGR of 32%
The profit margin which this business is likely to yield to you is 80%.
Taking this business opportunity up would be the trend you’d keep up with and which would make you stand out and here’s why
- Firstly, the printed t-shirt business involves minimal investment in terms of capital and yields a higher margin.
- Secondly, Athens ongoing tends in on demand T-shirts contributing to the growth by social media and westernization where celebrities are seen wearing such apparel has caused a growth in this Printing t-shirt business.
- Lastly, the business has a wide scope of expansion in terms of catering to both local and global demand.
Disclaimer :The information contained in this Article is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by StartupYo (SAB Weblabs Pvt.Ltd). While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and truest to the best of our knowledge, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.