Fruit juice center business Overview
In context to the growing health awareness among consumers, need to stay health and fit, consume a balanced diet, influence of the foreign consumption patterns and the aversion towards benefits of organically grown exotic fruits, the fruit juice business in India has been booming in India at a value of $200 million.
The fruit juice business has been spurring besides the competition from alcoholic beverages and soft drinks because of the rise in disposable income of the health-Savy and diet conscious consumers.
Many pre-existing companies dealing in soft drinks like PepsiCo and Coca-Cola have been diverting their production from soft drinks to healthy packaged fruit drinks to meet the changing demands of the consumers.
The beverage market of India is the most profitable business in India with the juice market being valued at ₹1200 crore as of today. Thereby giving you every reason to get your toes dipped in this business.
Market potential and uses
The potential of the fruit juice business in India has been rising more than ever with 75% of the fruit juice business being dealt by the unorganised sector and the rest 25% by the retail shops, cafes, etc.
The potential for this business is vast but the set up of it comes a little pricey. Because of the outbreak of COVID-19, consumers have been looking for safety and hygiene more than ever so it is important to commit to these precautionary measures.
- Using a PPE kit and shields.
- Washing the fruits with fruit sanitisers
- Ensuring 6 ft distance with and among the customers
- Recording body temperature of customers
- Recording the contact details of the consumers
- Ensuring no contact delivery
- Increased disposable income
- Influence from the foreign consumption patterns
- Benefits of fruit
- Improving standard of living
- Diversion towards a healthy lifestyle
- Incorporate a healthy diet
- Need to try out exotic fruits
- Western culture of detoxing and clean drinking
- Substitute for alcoholic and soft drink beverages
- Increased need for strengthening the immune system
- FMCG registration
- FMSSA registration
- Trade license
- GST registration
- PAN Card and Aadhar card
- MSME/SSI Registration
The investment required to set up a fruit juice corner would be around ₹7 lakhs – ₹15 lakhs.
Fruit juice business profit
Fruit juice business is profitable because nowadays people usually prefer fresh juice corners instead of other beverage items. But the profit of a fruit juice business depends on many different factors like price of the fruits, seasons, price and more. A fruit juice business can generate a gross profit of 50% to 70% after selling fruit juice directly to the customers.
The target consumers for a fruit juice corner business would be as follows :
Gym freaks : These are the majority of the target consumers . By seething up a juices corners around the gyms who would like to ensure a citrus intake after working out would bring you a lot of business.
Fitness centres: The fitness centres have the consumers from around the city who are indulged in wellness activities like yoga, Pilates etc who would prefer fresh juices as their go to drinks.
Airports: The passengers on airport with a flight to board are always in a need for some freshly cut fruit juice as a substitute to coffee, alcoholic drinks etc.
Campuses The campus around schools, offices and colleges also would get you many customers who would like to talk over some rejuvenating juices while making your juice corner as a hotspot.
Shopping malls and tourists spots: Would be an ideal place for you to set up you fruit juice corners with many people coming across it who would like to have some pulped juice to keep them Hydrated on a hot summer day.
Starting a fruit juice business is a great idea, because in today’s world everyone is looking for healthy and pure beverage items. In order to implement Juice business ideas a great juice shop setup is important to operate the fruits and juice business. The area required to set up a fruit juice corner business would be 100 – 800 sq ft.
- Seasonal fruits
- Water (mineral)
- Stainless steel Fruit mixer
- Fruit juicing machine
- Fruit cutting machine
- 1- manager
- 3- skilled workers
These workers must be provide with training in equipment handling and machine usage and also about the safety and hygienic conditions to be observed.
Fruit juice machine for business
Your fruit juice shop can only thrive with a fruit juice machine, before choosing a fruit juice machine, keep its capacity, durability, cost, maintenance and efficiency in view. The cost of the fruit juice machine varies depending upon the type of juice industry, the machine price ranges from Rs 50,000 to Rs 2 lakhs.
Business model and growth
Fruit juice processing business plans need to be executed after a few steps like conducting market research and demand, investment and profit, necessary equipment, license, location of fruit juice shop, legal paperwork and more.
The business model of a fruit juice corner business can be defined using 4 variants:
Value proposition: The unique selling point (USP) a fruit juice corner is likely to bring to you is as follows:
- It as a healthy substitute to the alcohol and soft drinks and not vise versa so it’s demand can’t be replaced.
- It comes at affordable prices and the seasonal demand for specific fruits is likely to do you good business.
- Fitness centres
- Health Savy consumers
- Shopping malls
- Tourists spots
The competition to your fruit juice corner would be largely from the unorganised sector. However few key players in the organised sector would be:
- Jamba Juice
- Drunken monkeys etc
Marketing strategy: The marketing strategy that could be adapted by your fruit juice corner would be:
- Setting billboards in front of the gym, fitness centres and campuses ( offices, college etc) with address.
- Promoting the quality and brand of juice through social media using influencers undergoing a detox challenge with your juices.
- Print media : newspapers and magazines etc.
The fruit juice corner has the potential and has witnessed the following growth prospects:
- The Indian juice sector is expected to grow at a CAGR of 15% in the next three years.
- The Indian non-alcoholic beverage market including water, packaged juices and retail juice corners is valued at ₹ 50000 crore.
Why don’t you sip on some of that juice while we help you make a decision regarding the investment in this business:
- Firstly, A fruit juice corner comes with a very minimal capital, low manpower requirement and a reasonable return on investment.
- Secondly, a fruit juice corners involves juicing the fruits in all the seasons infact, the demand for seasonal fruits contributes the most to the profit made per annum by these fruit juice corners.
- Lastly, the target market for consumers is vast including children and older populations, absent in the alcoholic beverage market because of it’s benefits and affordability.
How to start a fruit juice business in India?
To start a fruit business in India, one should analyze its market potential, cost and profit, location, raw materials, equipment, paperwork and other fruit juice business planning.
Is the fruit juice business profitable?
Yes, the fruit juice business is profitable because of the increasing health issue in today’s world.
What is the minimum investment for a juice shop?
The minimum investment required for a juice shop ranges from Rs 7 lakh to Rs 15 lakh.
What is the market demand for fruit juice?
The Mark demand for fruit juice is increasing because people usually prefer healthy beverages instead of other drinks.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this Article is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by StartupYo (SAB Weblabs Pvt.Ltd). While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and truest to the best of our knowledge, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.