Being used as a major cleaning ingredient in the detergent industry since 30 years, representing almost 1/3rd of the active ingredients in the detergents worldwide, Acid slurry with its properties is still dominating the surfactant industry. Acid slurry, commonly known as ( Linear ALKYL Benzene Sulphonate ) LABSA, prepared by sulphonation of LAB with sulphuric acid, is extensively used for manufacturing detergent powder and soaps.
Because of its properties of being readily miscible with water and containing a less salt content it is used as a valuable ingredient in detergent powders, cakes and liquids. It is also because of soap’s incapability to wash off materials in hard water that the Acid slurry has made the synthetic detergents capture the the detergent market today. And here’s why you should get your hands on the production of this actively used ingredient.
The potential for the acid slurry making business production has been booming because of its rising demand which is spread across almost every industry each using this cleaning ingredient processed in the form of a synthetic detergent for their own respective consumption.
Moreover because of the improvisation of synthetic detergents in terms of shapes, sizes, state and colour has been successfully meeting the niche consumer needs thereby increasing the sales of these detergents which in turn increases the demand of acid slurry.
- It is used as a major industrial surfactant which is thereby used in formulating various types of household and industrial detergents.
- It also acts as an emulsifier in agricultural herbicides and pesticides.
- It is used in the textile industry as well for the purpose of washing and mercerising.
- Acts as a dispersing and wetting agent in paints.
Licenses required, Investment & Profits made
- NOC by the state pollution control board
- GST registration
- Factory licence
- Udyog Aadhar under MSME registration
- PAN, Aadhar card details
- SSI provisional registration
- Fixed capital investment ₹ 14 lakh
- Working capital investment ₹ 9 lakhs
- Net profit per year ₹ 500000
- Return on investment 21%
- Detergent cakes
- Detergent liquids
- Detergent powders
Have increased the potential of market it could capture. So, the target customers for your Acid slurry making business are as follows:
Households and industrial consumers: The acid slurry manufactured by your unit can be targeted on those synthetic detergents which are demanded by households and industries to get maximum benefits of cleaning: tools, equipments, utensils, clothes etc
Agricultural industry: The agricultural industries also contributes vividly to the existing demand for the acid slurry it is because of its application of being used as an emulsifying agent while dealing with the pesticides and herbicides in farming, cultivating and further agricultural process
Textile industry: The properties of Acid slurry of being miscible in water and possessing a low salt content has also expanded it’s applications across the textile industry in washing and mercerising textiles that eg: That of cotton materials
Paint industry: They make use of acid slurry as a wetting and dispersing agent in paints.
The area required to run a acid slurry making plant would be 2000 sq m.
Raw materials ,Machinery required & Manpower required
- Linear alkyl benzene
- Sulphuric acid
- Bottles, caps, seals
- LAB Feed tank
- Sulphonater ( stainless )
- Chilling machine
- Pumps with motor
- 1- production manager
- 1- accountant
- 2- plant operators
- 2- skilled workers
- 2- unskilled workers
The business model of an acid slurry business can be defined using 4 variants which are as follows :
Value proposition: The unique selling point and the value which an acid slurry making business is likely to provide to you is:
- Acid slurry and derived demand for demand in detergents is required for routine cleaning in the household and industrial markets so it is both affordable and essential, keeping the demand up and rising.
- Commercial consumers : hotels, restaurants, offices, campuses etc
- Agricultural industry
- Textile industry
- Automobile industries
- Paint and other industrial industry
- Southern Indian chemical industry
- Dhariya international
- Kresko projects pvt ltd
- Abhideep chemicals pvt ltd
- Indian dyes sales corporation pvt ltd
Marketing strategy: The market demand for Acid slurry entirely depends on the marketing strategy implemented by the detergent industry and its companies, since it’s a derived demand.
- Trade discounts, cash discounts, incentives on bulk and frequent purchasing must be provided to the manufactures of liquid, soap detergents who use acid slurry as a cleaning agent.
- Quality fo acid slurry backed by certification, thorough R&D reports is likely to boost purchases by the existing and potential users of this ingredient.
The growth in the acid slurry making business is shown as follows :
- India is the 3rd largest detergent producer and manufacturer of the world because of its demand in India and also its exports to other foreign nations.
- This has thereby increased the market potential of acid slurry, being an key ingredient in its production.
An acid slurry making business is likely to get you around a profit margin of 11.1%.
Still thinking whether or not become a part of this widespread synthetic detergent industry just by producing an ingredient as small as an acid slurry?
Here are some fact checks for you:
- Firstly, acid slurry is likely to be in demand as long as the consumers across various industrial and household platforms still require synthetic detergent as a cleaning agent for most of their operations to function, which means the demand is consistent and rising.
- Secondly, the minimal investment, large availability resources and low cost , involved in acid slurry has brought in FDI that too at a higher space, which gives you an opportunity to be associated with foreign detergent companies as well.
- Lastly, the applications of acid slurry are still in-discovery who is likely to open a wider market for you to cater to.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this article is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by StartupYo (SAB Weblabs Pvt. Ltd). While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and truest to the best of our knowledge, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability, or availability concerning the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.