How is Virgin Coconut Oil Made?
Virgin Coconut Nut Oil is simply called as “VCO” that comes from the extraction of fresh coconut. StartupYo suggests that if you are living in a coconut growing area then you can initiate Virgin coconut oil making business. In the coastal areas of India, the coconut palms can be hugely found. Follow this article to know what is the benefit of drinking virgin coconut oil, what is the machinery required to manufacture a Virgin Coconut Oil, and how do you know if coconut oil is virgin (or) not
How to Make Virgin Coconut Oil?
It is edible oil extracted from the meat of matured contents (or) kernel that harvested from the coconut palm. The following are the simple steps on how to make virgin coconut oil:
- Step – 1: Firstly, you need to do dehusking of raw coconut
- Step – 2: Secondly, you should do deshelling of fresh coconut
- Step – 3: Thirdly, you must do paring of raw coconut
- Step – 4: After this, you have to do blanching of fresh coconut
- Step – 5: After that, you may do draining of coconut
- Step – 6: Then after, you need to disintegration process
- Step – 7: Also, you should extract the milk
- Step – 8: Furthermore, you must do centrifugation
- Step – 9: Lastly, you have to do filtration
The above simple steps on how to make virgin coconut oil can be explained briefly in the following:
- You need to do de-husking of coconut
You need to do the de-husking of coconut is the first step in the simple steps on how to make virgin coconut oil. In this step, with the help of coconut dehusking machine, the husk is removed manually
- You should do de-shelling of coconut
In the simple steps on how to make virgin coconut oil the second step is you should do de-shelling of coconut. In this step, the coconut shell is removed without the breaking of the kernel
- You must do paring of coconut
You must do the paring of coconut is the third step in the simple steps on how to make virgin coconut oil. In this step, with the help of a paring machine the brown skin if the kernel is removed
- You have to do blanching of coconuts
In the simple steps on how to make virgin coconut oil the fourth step is you have to do blanching of coconuts. In this step, the coconuts which are pared are dipped in boiling water for few minutes in a blanching tank
- You may do draining of coconut
You may do draining of coconut is the fifth step in the simple steps on how to make virgin coconut oil. In this step, the excess of water content which is present in the blanching process can be removed with the draining process with the help of a vibratory screener
Fill the form below if you need any help starting this business, we will reach you and assist you regarding this business
- You need to disintegration process
In the simple steps on how to make virgin coconut oil the sixth step is you need to disintegration process. In this step, the pared nuts are cut into tiny pieces and fed into a disintegrator so that it will be ready for the extraction process.
You should extract the milk
You should extract the milk is the seventh step in the simple steps on how to make virgin coconut oil. In this step, into a milk extractors like the following: screw press (or) hydraulic press the shredded coconuts are placed and out of the extractor the coconut milk oozes out. If any solids (or) large particles are present then the extracted coconut milk is filtered to remove them
- You must do centrifugation
In the simple steps on how to make virgin coconut oil the eighth step is you must do centrifugation. In this step, to separate 02 immiscible substances the centrifugation process is processed. The coconut milk is the natural oil in the emulsion of water. The Coconut Oil and Coconut skim milk is separated after the centrifugation process. Then the coconut oil is separated from the coconut milk
You have to do filtration
You have to do filtration is the last step in the simple steps on how to make virgin coconut oil. In this step, the coconut oil is passed through the filter & then packed in the consumer packs. The excess moisture present in coconut oils will be removed by the vacuum dehydration of oils
What is the machinery required to manufacture a Virgin Coconut Oil?
The following are the machinery required to manufacture a Virgin Coconut Oil:
- Firstly, Coconut Deshelling Machine
- Secondly, Blanching Tank SS 304
- Thirdly, Primary Cutter
- After this, Disintegrator
- After that, Centrifuge Coconut Milk Extractor (like the following: screw press (or) hydraulic press)
- Then after, Coconut Milk Extractor (like the following: screw press (or) hydraulic press)
- Also, Tubular Centrifuge Machine
- Furthermore, Extra Bowl for Centrifuge
- Additionally, Oil Micro Filter
- Along with, Overhear Tank SS 304
- Now, Defatted Coconut Powder Electrical Dryer
- Then, 300 Liters VCO Storage Tank SS 304
- Lastly, 300 Liters VCO Storage Tank SS 304
What is the Benefit of Drinking Virgin Coconut Oil?
The Virgin Coconut Oil is naturally processed, additive-free product, and chemically free. The following are the benefits of drinking virgin coconut oil:
- Firstly, Virgin Coconut Oil is high in calories that should be combined in a healthy diet & then exercise for the benefits of weight loss
- Secondly, it has the following: antiviral properties, anti-fungal properties, and also anti-bacterial properties.
- Thirdly, during the menopause, it helps in balancing the hormones naturally & increases estrogen levels because of contains lauric acid
- After this, the virgin coconut oil works as an effective treatment for the following: yeast infections and candida Albicans because it contains the following: lauric acid, and capric acid
- After that, it stimulates the metabolism and ensures an immediate source of energy
- Then, virgin coconut oil controls the blood sugar levels as it enhances insulin secretion in the human body & doesn’t cause an insulin spike.
- Also, it helps in the moisturization of your skin and makes it softer and smoother
- Furthermore, the Medium Chain Fatty Acids (MCFAs) present in virgin coconut oil favor in reducing the strain on the pancreas by ensuring a source of energy that is not dependent on blood glucose
- Additionally, it helps to slow down the premature aging & wrinkles of your skin
- Along with, virgin coconut oil favors in reducing the bad cholesterol levels and also favors in increasing the good cholesterol levels
- Now, it effectively helps to keep the hair and nails beautiful
- Then, cooking with the virgin coconut oil will favors in maintaining the healthy triglyceride levels
- After, it is considered as a best natural nutrient for your hair
- Virgin coconut oil helps in healthy functioning of the endocrine systems and thyroid functions
- Lastly, it helps you to feel less tired by providing you a lasting energy
How do you Know if Coconut Oil is Virgin (or) not?
The smell & taste of a true virgin coconut oil is faint & will smell like you are cracking into a fresh coconut. If your oil has a nutty smell (or) roasted smell then it is heated at least 115 degrees Fahrenheit that means it no longer a raw coconut (or) a fresh coconut.