StartupYo helps you to clear all the doubts and helps you to...
How to Start Papad Making Business???Papad is also called as “Papadum” which is an item of food that consists of crisp, shaped like a disc, thin. It is from the Indian Subcontinent that prepared from peeled black gram flour also called “Urad Flour”. It is either cooked with dry heat or fried. So many members doubt like is a Papad manufacturing business sustainable in India, Papad making business is profitable or not and many more. So here StartupYo helps you to clear all the doubts and helps you to know how to start Papad making business plans, licenses and permissions and many more.
History of Papad making Business Plan :
In ancient times, a woman named “Lijjat” had started this Papad business with the name of “Shri Mahila Griha Udyog Lijjat Papad” organization in the year 15th March of 1959 at Mumbai, Maharashtra. The huge quantities of papadums are produced on the open market and by the year 2005, the annual income had become about Rs. 650 crores (US$ 94 Million). Now a day’s within this category many other brands have to grow with the modern trades and also growing consumer awareness.
Is a Papad manufacturing business sustainable in India
Yes, the Papad manufacturing business is profitable as it is a food item consumed by all age groups and consumed in all seasons. Papads have been a part of the cuisine of the Indian subcontinent for generations and are an intrinsic part of everyday meals. The following are the main areas that are manufactured in India:
· Firstly, Rajasthan
· Secondly, Gujarat
· Thirdly, Punjab
· After that, Maharashtra
· Then after, Tamil Nadu
· Also, Chennai
· Lastly, Kanchipuram
It is used as a supplement to a meal or as a snack item or as an appetizer with the garnishing such as the following:
· Firstly, it is garnished with Chopper Carrots.
· Secondly, it is garnished with Condiments.
· Thirdly, it is garnished with Chopped Onions.
· Lastly, it is garnished with Chutneys or it is garnished with other dip.
It is served for the following countries like:
· Firstly, Bangladesh
· Secondly, Sri Lanka
· Thirdly, India
Types of Papad to consume :
Depending on the types of papad the Papad making business plan is designed and prepared. Also, the different locations consume different papads. StartupYo has listed the following few types of Papads:
· Firstly, Rice Papad
· Secondly, Potato Papad
· Thirdly, Tapioca Papad
· After that, Masala Papad
· Then after, Garlic Papad
· Lastly, Ginger Papad
How to Start Papad Making Business Plan?
Steps for Start Papad Making Business Plan?In India, Papad making business plan is generally connected with the Women Empowerment because the following: pickles, other snack items, and papads are run by many organizations and individuals with the help of a woman. So this Papad making business is profitable for women as it is providing them as a regular income from minimal financial investments. The following are the simple steps to follow for the manufacturing of Papad:
· Step 1: Firstly, Know about Papad making business plan
· Step 2: Secondly, Know what are the main ingredients are required to prepare Papadum and the
· Step 3: Thirdly, How to Prepare Papadum
· Step 4: After that, what are the permissions and licenses required for papad making business
· Step 5: Lastly, Marketing
The above simple steps to follow for the manufacturing of Papad can explain briefly in the following:
1. Know about Papad making business plan :
Before starting the Papad business you need to know the names that are called differently depending upon the different location. The following are the different names of Papad:
· Firstly, Papad is called as “Papadam” in the Kerala State
· Secondly, Papad is called as “Appadam” in the Telangana State and Andhra Pradesh State
· Thirdly, Papad is called as “Papad” in the Gujarat State and Punjab State
· After that, Papad is called as “Appalam” in the Tamil Nadu State
· Then after, Papad is called as “Happala” in the Karnataka State
2. What are the main ingredients are required to prepare Papadum and the Machinery?
Papad can be prepared with different methods and ingredients. The following are the main ingredients are required to prepare Papadum:
· Firstly, Flour
· Secondly, Black gram
· Thirdly, Black pepper
· After that, Salt
· Then After, Vegetable oil
· Also, Food – grade alkali
· Lastly, Sabana
And the following are the flavoring agents which is used for the preparation of papadum :
· Firstly, Red chili powder
· Secondly, Cumin seeds or Sesame seeds
· Thirdly, Cracked black pepper
· Lastly, Asafoetida
The following are the machines required for the Papad Making Business Plan:
· Firstly, Semi-Automatic Papad making machine
· Secondly, Fully Automatic Papad making machine
· Thirdly, Filling machine - AMS Filling Systems
3. How to Prepare Papadum?
Papadum is prepared in different ways that depend on the recipes varying from region to region. The flours which are prepared from other sources of the following: chickpeas, tapioca, potato, lentils, rice, millets can be used. The following are the general simple steps to prepare Papadum:
· Step 1: Firstly, mix all the main ingredients which I have mentioned above
· Step 2: Secondly, make the mixture as a paste with the help of required water
· Step 3: Thirdly, you can also add flavoring agents depends on the type of papadum
· Step 4: After that, the paste is then flattened into very thin rounds
· Step 5: Then after, it is dried at the outside area for the sunlight to become crispy
· Step 6: Also, they are stored
· Step 7: Depending on the desired texture the dried papad can be cooked by the following: roasting
over an open flame, microwave, deep-frying, or toasting
· Step 8: Lastly, they are packed into the packaging packets consisting of their company logos
4. What are the Permissions and Licenses required for Papad Making Business Plan?
The following are the Permissions and Licenses required for Papad Making Business Plan:
· Firstly, according to your firm’s ownership pattern register your Papad Making Business with ROC
· Secondly, if you are starting a small scale production unit then you should your Papad Making
Business as an OPC Company
· Thirdly, you can also register your Papad Making Business Unit as an SSI
· After that, apply for VAT registration
· Then after, apply for the FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India) Registration because
you are going to produce the food item so you need to compile with PFA ACT
· Also, BIS (Bureau of Indian Standards) certification is required for the standard of quality and place
the ISI Mark (IS 2639:1984) on your product
5. Marketing :
The following are the marketing places to market your products:
Firstly, you can market your papads to the following:
· Firstly, General stores
· Secondly, Kiranam Stores
· Thirdly, Wholesale Markets
· After that, Dealer Shops
· Also, Retailer Shops
· Lastly, Door to Door
Secondly, you can tie-up with the following:
· Firstly, with the wholesalers
· Secondly, with the dealers
· Thirdly, with the retailers
· After that, with the distributors
· Lastly, with the shopkeepers
Thirdly, you can market your product using digital technology.
Sell your products online by providing amazing discounts to attract the customers.