Have you ever walked and strolled through a garden, looked at a rose, stopped to smell its delicate and rejuvenating fragrance and thought about the business opportunities this small-decorative-red-flower has for you? Though the properties of a rose opens a market for wide range of products to be developed but the most common product which has reserved a shelf space in every household is the Rose water.
Iran makes the best home for the most authentic produced rose water because of its climatic and soil conditions followed by other countries like India. This product has been dominating various markets because of its history in its applications ranging from skin care to culinary preparations and religious rituals as well. This product is so widely used across the globe that India itself exported rose water worth 1.2 USD million to around 110 countries between 2019-2020. Giving you all the more reasons to get your hands on this business. And here’s how.
Market potential And uses
The market potential for Rose water making business is so vast that India produced rose water of 675630 million metric tonnes in volume in 2018.A Rose water, is a flavoured water which is produced by steeping rose petals in the water. It’s inflammatory, antiseptic, moisture retention properties have increased its applications across various sectors.
Moreover, the potential of a Rose water can be defined using the type of rose used in manufacturing rose water, the type of rose water product required and on the uses of the rose water by different segments of consumers in the global and Indian consumer market.
- Red rose of France
- Rose Demasina ( sucha gulab )
- Rose centifolia
- Rose perfume. : rose oil
- Rose mouth wash : rose water and rose oil
- Rose water : rose petals and rose water
- Rose creams : rose petals and rose water
- Rose jam : rose petals and rose water
- Used to flavor food
- Used for religious rituals
- Used as a face toner
- Used as perfumes
- Used in making flavored beverages
- Used in cosmetic and medical preparation
- Used for inflating and blemishing pimples and acne scars
- FSSAI registration and
- MSME registration
- GST registration
- NOC by the state pollution control board
The investment required to set up a rose water making business Is as minimal as ₹ lakhs.
The profits made from this business is approximately ₹30000-₹50000 per month.
The target consumers for your rose water making business are as follows:
Restaurants and cafés : These require rose water as an essence in preparing house special desserts and drinks for the customers
Juice bars: These require rose water for the purpose of infusing a rose like essence in cocktails and flavour the summer drinks with an essence of rose water to provide the customers with the rejuvenating taste they are looking for
Skin care sector: The skin care sectors make use of rose waters in the form of rose water infused body wash, moisturiser toners, face sprays, face masks, face packs etc because of its capability to provide a glowing and acne free skin
Beauty and cosmetic industry: The spas and salons make use of rose water as a treatment in the form of facials, hair care etc because of it ability to retain moisture.
Perfume industry: These make use of rose water to infuse it in the form of perfumes to cater to those consumers who prefers floral based and mild fragrance when it comes to mists, perfumes etc.
Retail stores and supermarkets: These stock up the shelves with rose water to cater to the tea needs skin care needs of the consumers with maximum accessibility.
Religious rituals: Rose water is also used for performing certain religious ceremonies across the globe.
Dessert industry: These make use of rose water in some regional desserts like in gulab jamun, Turkish delight, cookies etc.
Pharmaceutical sector: These require rose water as an infusion with other materials for the purpose of making ointments, lotions etc.
The are required to set up a rose water making business is 200 sq ft.
Raw materials ,Machinery required & Manpower required
- Rose petals
- RO water
- Packaging bottles
- Carton boxes
- Pressure cooker
- Weighing machine
- Weighing machine
- 1-skilled worker
- 2-unskilled workers
Moreover ample trading to these workers in terms of the following must also be provided with
- Machinery usage
- Equipment handling
- Safety and precautions measures
The business model of a rose water making business can be defined using these 4 variants :
Value proposition: The value proposition which this business is likely to provide to you is:
- Easily available raw materials with low cost of production and massive sales opportunity.
- Increasing application of rose water across the sectors and industries.
Target consumers & Competitor review
- Food and beverage industry
- Skin care industries
- Spas and salons
- Religious spaces
- Incense stick manufactures
- Perfume industry
- Retail stores
- Pharmaceutical sector
- VLCC rose water
- Patanjali rose water
- Lotus herbals
- Forest essentials
Marketing strategy: The marketing strategy that can be implemented by your rose water making business could be:
Advertisements: TV commercials, celebrity endorsements, pop up ads on online beauty retail sites like Nykaa.
Print media: articles, blogs justifying the quality and manufacturing process of the rose water etc.
- The rose water making business has witnessed and has the potential for the following growth prospects.
- With the growing diversion towards natural and organic consumption in terms of skin care, food and beverages the rose water market has been growing at an increasing rate.
- Moreover, the global rose water market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 7.2% between 2019-2025.
The rose water making business is likely to yield you a profit margin of 80%-100%.
We know exactly what you need. A rose water infused lemonade and some help to clarify your decision of whether or not taking up this rose water making business will be beneficial or not. So here it is
- Rose water has been a product passed down from generations having its own traditional and irreplaceable application across various sectors, specially skin care. So it’s a consistent business to get into.
- The cost of production and the investment costs are as minimal as they can be so it’s rather a profitable business.
- With its increasing applications and antiseptic and fragrance properties it’s opening a wider market you could cater to.
Disclaimer :The information contained in this Article is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by StartupYo (SAB Weblabs Pvt.Ltd). While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and truest to the best of our knowledge, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.