How to Link Pan and Aadhaar
If you are looking for linking your Permanent Account Number (PAN) then you need to follow these steps:
- Click https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal/ as it’s the official website of the Income Tax Department.
- Enter your PAN, Aadhaar number, as mentioned in your Aadhaar card on the PAN-Aadhaar linking page. A CAPTCHA will be displayed, enter the exact code. Note: enter your details carefully and make sure that are correct and as per your PAN card and Aadhaar card details.
- Once you are done filling in your exact details, proceed with the “Link Aadhaar” button and click.
- Once the details provided will match your PAN will get linked successfully
- If the details do not match, an error message will get displayed on your screen showing a validation failure message. Try again with the exact details.
PAN Linking Importance
There are several important reasons for Linking PAN (Permanent Account Number) some of these ensure transparency, smooth transactions, prevention of fraud and tax evasion, maintaining integrity, and more.
Maintaining Tax Compliance: linking PAN can help in your tax Compliance, the government can easily track the tax records of the individual. This can help in ensuring that the individual is following the tax rules and accurately paying income and other appropriate taxes. This can also help in tracking the financial transactions of the individual.
Identity Verification: it acts as proof for many transactions like financial as well as non-financial transactions. Linking PAN also helps in preventing activities that are illegal or fraudulent. It also ensures the legal way of transactions and helps in the identification of your individual and its legal entity.
Transactions: there are several financial transactions that require PAN while opening a bank account, for high-value transactions, loans, security deposits, immovable properties, and more. After linking PAN one can enjoy seamless transaction processing and can also monitor and detect money laundering or tax evasion.
Government Subsidies and Schemes: only linked PAN numbers can enjoy government subsidies and schemes. The government only provides benefits, schemes, welfare programs, and subsidies to the individuals who have linked their PAN.
Follow this simple procedure to link your Aadhaar card:
- Visit Unique Identification Authority (UIDAI), the official website at https://uidai.gov.in/
- Find options like the “Aadhaar Linking” or “Aadhaar Services” section on the website.
- After clicking on the “Aadhaar Linking” option, various services page will get displayed on your screen
- Find the link Aadhaar option with the service you want to link your Aadhaar with for example if you are looking to link your Aadhaar with your bank account, PAN card, or with any other service.
- Select the service with which you want to link your Aadhaar.
- Provide the requested information like your Aadhaar number, mobile number, and other basic information.
- Check the information that you have provided for accuracy.
- Once your details will be verified, submit your request as per the required service. You may need to follow the extra steps for the service you want to link your Aadhaar with.
- Follow the steps according to the respective services and your Adhaar will get linked successfully.
You can also link your PAN and your Aadhaar with the help of SMS. Follow the format by sending an SMS from your mobile number that has been registered.
UIDPAN <SPACE> <12-digit Aadhaar number> <SPACE> <10-digit PAN number>
You need to send this SMS to either 567678 or 56161.
Note: stay updated with the official website regarding the PAN-Aadhaar linking process as the deadline keeps changing multiple times.
Aadhaar Linking Importance
Aadhaar linking has much importance, mentioned below are a few points that highlight its importance.
Identification Tool: Aadhaar linking can serve as the best identification tool that is reliable and authentic and can also help with demographic information and biometrics. Linking aad-haar reduces fraud and helps in maintaining a clear and unique identity.
Service Benefits: linking Aadhaar can help in enjoying much more efficient delivery of government services. This linking process helps in targeting the right individuals directly while making sure that the services can be enjoyed without any fraud, duplicity, or beneficiary. Aadhaar linking can stop the leakage in the distribution of service systems.
Welfare Schemes and Programs: with the help of linked Aadhaars the government distributes welfare schemes and programs to the eligible people. It helps to target the genuine audiences who are in need of assistance, it also helps in the reduction of resources that are being misused.
Streamlining Transactions: Streamlined transactions are only possible by linking Aadhaar, as financial services like banking, PAN, insurance and other policies are much more effective only after linking Aadhaar. With the help of linked Aadhaar, one can get the benefit of direct transfers, it also helps in digital payments, and because of all these benefits, there is no need for much paperwork. Linked Aadhaar can also enable a smooth and effortless verification process.
Corruption Curb: with the help of linked Aadhaar it’s easy to combat corruption as it does not let middlemen and other intermediates enjoy money illegally. It gives room for transparency and helps in keeping accountability during many different processes like the distribution of the subsidies that are benefited by the government to the deserving individuals. It also helps in filing various taxes and tracking fraud in financial transactions.
Read More: Complete Guide on Term Loans
The government of India has made it mandatory to link PAN and Aadhaar to make things easy in the country. By linking process, the illegal activities remain in control and minimize the risk of fraud and other theft in the system.
How to link PAN and Aadhaar?
PAN and Aadhaar can be linked easily by visiting the official website of the Income Tax Department and Unique Identification Authority.
Is it important to link PAN and Aadhaar?
Yes, it is important to link PAN and Aadhaar as it is beneficial for both individuals and the government.
Can linking PAN and Aadhaar reduce corruption?
Yes, linked PAN and Aadhaar can become a barrier to corruption and it can minimize the middlemen’s money.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this article is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by StartupYo (SAB Weblabs Pvt. Ltd). While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and truest to the best of our knowledge, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.