Fruit bars, which are known to be one of the greatest inventions of the Indian snacking industry. Making breakfast easier for this ‘on the toes’ schedule of the working-class women and men, making it affordable and nutritious for those teenagers who think a glass of Starbucks would be enough for them to begin their day with and to all those millennials for whom time is as precious as gymming while getting their hands on some wholesome breakfast.
A Fruit bar has made it possible to wrap the goodness of carbs, proteins, energy along with the nutritional value of fruits and vegetables in the form of a rectangular bar, made available at retail stores/supermarkets/online retail, at a pocket-friendly price enough to get you through those long lectures and those packed working days.
Wouldn’t you want to give people that joy of missing out on breakfast but breathe an air of relief knowing they have a fruit bar to rely on? I guess we know the answer. Now let’s just see how.
Market potential & Uses
The market potential for fruit bar has been skyrocketing among the other products of the indian snacking industry.
A Fruit bar is a delicious, crackling bar made of chopped fruits of different types either mixed in the dough or spread in the layers of dough which are then baked. This product has created a market of its own realising the growing needs of on-the-go breakfast preferences, active lifestyle, health conscious consumption pattern and growing awareness of fitness and maintenance. It has created a market by bringing in the variety of the nature of the fruit bar for every consumer. Variety as such
- Gluten free bars
- Low fat
- Og trans fat
- Good source of fibre
- Chocolate and vanilla
- Fruits: apples, mangoes, banana etc.
- Exotic fruits: cranberries, pineapple etc.
- Nuts: almonds, walnuts, cashew etc.
- Used as a breakfast meal
- Used as snacks for vacations, trips etc
- Used as a breakfast meal in school and colleges
- Used as an energy distributor for gym goers
- Used as a dietary snack
- Used in the hospital canteens
The licenses required to run a fruit bar making business are as follows:
- FSSAI registration and licensing
- MSME registration
- NOC by state pollution control board
- Trade license
- GST registration
Read More : How to start Fruit Juice Corner Business ?
The investment required to set up a small scale fruit bar making plant would be between INR 2.5 lakhs-4 lakhs.
The profits made from running a fruit bar making business would be INR 8 lakhs per annum.
The target consumers for this fruit bar making business are as follows:
Retail stores: The retail stores require fruit bars manufactured by you to cater to the needs of the middle-class consumers who are budget savory as well as health conscious
Supermarkets: The supermarkets sell fruit bars in variety of flavors with and other specifications in terms of fat, gluten free, low calorie properties to meet the needs of the consumer segmentation decided upon
Canteens: The canteens of various sectors including airports, offices, schools.
colleges, hospitals etc require a stock of fruit bars to cater to the health needs and improve the consumption patterns of the consumers.
Gyms and fitness spaces: These spaces ensure the availability of fruit bars to meet the dietary intake of the active and health conscious consumers because of the products capability to provide the exact amount of carbs, proteins required for the purpose of maintaining their physique.
Read More : How to Start Dry Fruit Business?
The area required to set up a fruit bar manufacturing business is 100 sq. Mt in an urban location with larger consumer presence of all segments.
- Fruit pulp
- Skimmed milk powder
- Hydrogenated fats
- Baby pulper,
- Boiling tank
- Fruit mills
- Steam jacketed kettles
- 2- skilled workers
- 2- unskilled workers
- 1- production manager
Moreover, ample training to these workers in terms of the following must also be provided with:
- Machine handling
- Equipment usage
- Safety and precautions
The business model of the fruit bar manufacturing business can be defined using these 4 variants:
Value proposition: The value which this business is likely to get to you is:
- It creates a demand uniformly among all the age groups of the population: kids, teenagers, adults, older consumer segments.
- Numerous marketing strategies and growing diversion towards diet-friendly products.
- Retail stores
- Gyms and fitness spaces
- School going population
- Working class consumers
- Older population
- General mills
- Yoga bar
- Eat anytime
Marketing strategy :The marketing strategy that can be implemented for your fruit bar manufacturing business are:
Advertising: Tv commercials, Celebrity endorsements, social media influencers, digital billboards, print media etc. Highlighting the nutritional benefits
Sales promotion:Cash backs, discounts, buy one get one, customer referrals etc.
The fruit bar making business has witnessed and has the potential for the following growth prospects:
- Firstly, the Indian snack bar market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 25% between 2020-2025.
- Moreover, with an increase in the health consciousness prospects and increased disposable income of the consumers the Indian snack bar market is expected to grow at an increasing rate with 70% of consumers income spent on it.
The profit margin which a fruit bar making business is likely to yield is 10%.
Read More : How to Start Chocolate Making Business In India ?
Still confused? Let us help you out. We would suggest you to get yourself one of these fruit bars to snack on for this fruit bar making business require certain amount of energy to get it establish and here’s why:
- Because of the growing awareness of healthy eating, toned physique, influenced consumption pattern and increased disposable income of consumers this business has the potential to create a massive demand.
- A fruit bar making business comes with a tad heavy investment initially but because of its affordability its likely to create massive sales for your annual turnover.
- Because of the large availability of homegrown and organic fruits, labor intensive manufacturing techniques and variety in terms of nutritional content, it’s also likely to foster a foreign demand as well.
Disclaimer :The information contained in this Article is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by StartupYo (SAB Weblabs Pvt.Ltd). While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and truest to the best of our knowledge, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.