Fruit bar making business
Fruit bars, which are known to be one of the greatest inventions of the Indian snacking industry. Making breakfast easier for this ‘on the toes’ schedule of the working-class women and men, making it affordable and nutritious for those teenagers who think a glass of Starbucks would be enough for them to begin their day with and to all those millennials for whom time is as precious as gymming while getting their hands on some wholesome breakfast.
A Fruit bar has made it possible to wrap the goodness of carbs, proteins, energy along with the nutritional value of fruits and vegetables in the form of a rectangular bar, made available at retail stores/supermarkets/online retail, at a pocket-friendly price enough to get you through those long lectures and those packed working days.
Wouldn’t you want to give people that joy of missing out on breakfast but breathe an air of relief knowing they have a fruit bar to rely on? I guess we know the answer. Now let’s just see how
Market potential and uses
The market potential for fruit bar has been skyrocketing among the other products of the indian snacking industry.
A Fruit bar is a delicious, crackling bar made of chopped fruits of different types either mixed in the dough or spread in the layers of dough which are then baked.
This product has created a market of its own realising the growing needs of on-the-go breakfast preferences, active lifestyle, health conscious consumption pattern and growing awareness of fitness and maintenance.
It has created a market by bringing in the variety of the nature of the fruit bar for every consumer. Variety as such
- Gluten free bars
- Low fat
- Og trans fat
- Good source of fibre
Moreover its expansion in terms of flavor has also contributed to its increasing market potential among the Indian snack industry like
- Chocolate and vanilla
- Fruits: apples, mangoes, banana etc.
- Exotic fruits: cranberries, pineapple etc.
- Nuts: almonds, walnuts, cashew etc.
Uses of a fruit bar because of its following properties are as follows:
- Used as a breakfast meal
- Used as snacks for vacations, trips etc
- Used as a breakfast meal in school and colleges
- Used as an energy distributor for gym goers
- Used as a dietary snack
- Used in the hospital canteens
The licenses required to run a fruit bar making business are as follows:
- FSSAI registration and licensing
- MSME registration
- NOC by state pollution control board
- Trade license
- GST registration
The investment required to set up a small scale fruit bar making plant would be between INR 2.5 lakhs-4 lakhs
The profits made from running a fruit bar making business would be INR 8 lakhs per annum
The target consumers for this fruit bar making business are as follows:
- Retail stores: The retail stores require fruit bars manufactured by you to cater to the needs of the middle-class consumers who are budget savory as well as health conscious
- Supermarkets: The supermarkets sell fruit bars in variety of flavors with and other specifications in terms of fat, gluten free, low calorie properties to meet the needs of the consumer segmentation decided upon
- Canteens: The canteens of various sectors including airports, offices, schools, colleges, hospitals etc require a stock of fruit bars to cater to the health needs and improve the consumption patterns of the consumers.
- Gyms and fitness spaces: These spaces ensure the availability of fruit bars to meet the dietary intake of the active and health conscious consumers because of the products capability to provide the exact amount of carbs, proteins required for the purpose of maintaining their physique
The area required to set up a fruit bar manufacturing business is 100 sq. Mt in an urban location with larger consumer presence of all segments
Raw materials required
The raw materials required to set up a fruit bar making business are as follows:
- Fruit pulp
- Skimmed milk powder
- Hydrogenated fats
The machinery required to set up a fruit bar making business is as follows:
- Baby pulper,
- Boiling tank
- Fruit mills
- Steam jacketed kettles
The manpower required to set up a fruit bar making business is as follows
- 2- skilled workers
- 2- unskilled workers
- 1- production manager
Moreover, ample training to these workers in terms of the following must also be provided with:
- Machine handling
- Equipment usage
- Safety and precautions
- Business model and growth
The business model of the fruit bar manufacturing business can be defined using these 4 variants:
- Value proposition: The value which this business is likely to get to you is:
- It creates a demand uniformly among all the age groups of the population: kids, teenagers, adults, older consumer segments
- Numerous marketing strategies and growing diversion towards diet-friendly products
- Target consumers: The target consumers for this fruit bar manufacturing business are as follows:
- Retail stores
- Gyms and fitness spaces
- School going population
- Working class consumers
- Older population
- Competitor review: Because of the recently realized health needs of consumers the competition in this business has been aggressive with these players dominating the consumer market:
- General mills
- Yoga bar
- Eat anytime
The marketing strategy that can be implemented for your fruit bar manufacturing business are:
- Advertising: Tv commercials, Celebrity endorsements, social media influencers, digital billboards, print media etc. Highlighting the nutritional benefits
- Sales promotion; Cash backs, discounts, buy one get one, customer referrals etc.
The fruit bar making business has witnessed and has the potential for the following growth prospects:
- Firstly, the Indian snack bar market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 25% between 2020-2025
- Moreover, with an increase in the health consciousness prospects and increased disposable income of the consumers the Indian snack bar market is expected to grow at an increasing rate with 70% of consumers income spent on it
The profit margin which a fruit bar making business is likely to yield is 10%
Still confused? Let us help you out. We would suggest you to get yourself one of these fruit bars to snack on for this fruit bar making business require certain amount of energy to get it establish and here’s why:
- Firstly, because of the growing awareness of healthy eating, toned physique, influenced consumption pattern and increased disposable income of consumers this business has the potential to create a massive demand
- Secondly, a fruit bar making business comes with a tad heavy investment initially but because of its affordability its likely to create massive sales for your annual turnover
- Lastly, because of the large availability of homegrown and organic fruits, labor intensive manufacturing techniques and variety in terms of nutritional content, it’s also likely to foster a foreign demand as well.
- Contact details
For further knows and hows, contact us at
Contact number/WhatsApp : +91 8886666821