Banana Chips is also known as “Banana Wafers” is generally a banana dried slices. The banana contains the genus Musa herbaceous plants that are soft, and sweet. This type of banana is also known as “Desert Banana. Do you want to start Banana Wafers Making Business? So, StartupYo provides complete information about how banana chips made licenses and permissions required starting banana wafers chips making business, what are the raw materials required for the preparation of banana chips, banana chips plan cost and many more. So keep reading this banana chips making business project plan article where you can get full clarification about how can I start banana chips business with low investment.
In India, Banana is one of the most profitable cash crops. About 16.17 million MT productions it is increasing widely all over India in about 4.83 lakh hectares of land. Because banana is an innovative product that prepared in a small slice which is deep-fried till it becomes crispy and crunchy.
Banana chips business plan
Banana Chips small scale industry needs a banana chips business plan before starting up. This plan is based on different factors like benefits,investment required, profit scale, paperwork, licensing, equipment, and more. This snack is very popular in India and is considered at a high rate, so most of the investors take the banana chips business seriously and do not go beyond snack banana chips. You can start banana chips making business project plan by following the simple steps given below:
Step – 1: You need to know banana wafers making business opportunities in the market.
Step – 2: You must know the registration process and licenses for banana chips making business.
Step – 3: You should know banana chips plan cost production unit and machinery details.
Step – 4: What are the raw materials required for the banana wafers chips making business.
Step – 5: Banana chips making business project plan flowchart.
Step – 6: Banana chips plant cost details.
The above simple steps of banana wafers chips making business can be explained briefly in the following:
Business opportunities in the market
Good quality banana chips have the export potential where the Indian Government has allowed a tax holiday for 05 years for the FPI (Food Processing Industry). Now a day’s people mostly consuming the banana in a very different variety of forms and preparations, so it exist a huge market for banana chips which can be sold at the following:
- Firstly, in Clubs
- Secondly, in Pan Shops
- Thirdly, in Schools and College canteens
- After that, in Railway Stations and airline caterers
- Then after, in army establishments
- Also, in Retails Outlets
- Furthermore, bars and pubs
- Additionally, Bus Stands
- Lastly, Roadside eateries.
Registration process and licenses
In India, the major share of production of banana is consumed in the fresh form. There is a registration process you just need to follow and the required licenses and permissions are mentioned in the following:
- Firstly, you need to register with Udyog Aadhaar MSME which will favor you in getting the different grants and subsidies for your banana wafers making business.
- Secondly, you should apply for the food business operator license which is important for packaged food and selling in the country.
- Thirdly, you must obtain for trade license from local municipal authority for banana chips making business.
- After that, you need to comply with FPO Act is important banana chips plan cost.
- Then after, as it is a micro and small unit you need to register your banana wafers chips making business with ROC as a proprietorship firm. If you want to start it as a large scale business then you are allowed to register it as a Pvt. Ltd. Or LLP.
- Also, GST registration should be done for banana chips making business project plan.
- Lastly, obtain a banana wafers making business factory license.
- Firstly, Electrically-operated dryer with trolleys and 96 trays.
- Secondly, Automatic Sealing Machine.
- Thirdly, DG se.t
- After that, Slicer made of SS with attachments and electric motor.
- Then after, Oil sieve.
- Also, Coal-fired Furnace.
- Furthermore, cutting and peeling knives.
- Additionally, weighing scale.
- Lastly, aluminum utensils.
You can prepare the following: banana chips, banana pulp, banana powder, and many more with the help of raw banana. So the different varieties of banana are best suitable for manufacturing the chips are of the following:
- Firstly, Cavendish
- Secondly, Salt,
- Thirdly, Pachabale
- After that, Edible Oil
- Then after, Nendran
- Also, Spices
- Furthermore, Herbs
- Additionally, Cheeses
- Lastly, Flavors
The above raw materials or ingredients which are using for the banana wafers chips making business should be taken in a very little quantity.
How banana chips made or prepared is usually a general doubt for any individual. The banana wafers preparation is very simple and easy. The preparation process of banana chips can be explained briefly in the following:
- You need to sort the best bananas for the preparation. So test the raw banana whether it is good or damaged one
- Wash the good bananas
- You need to peel and trim the bananas
- Cut the bananas into slices according to your desired shape and size
- Wash the bananas after cutting them into slices
- Dry them outside in sunlight
- Deep fry them by adding the sufficient edible oil
- You can add sufficient salt according to the taste
- Add the spices of flavors for the best taste
- Keep it in a cool place to ensure cooling
After preparation of banana wafers or banana chips, you can pack them in plastic bags or pouches. The organic wastage of banana peels and many more can be biodegradable and decomposable.
Along with the above machinery, you also need the following things for set upping your banana chips plan cost.
- You must maintain the surroundings hygienic.
- To save the cost of manpower you can prefer a fully automatic banana manufacturing machine.
- For the good connectivity for the roads, you need to select a well-drained area or a place. So that it is useful in the production of raw materials.
- The sufficient qualities and quantities of water and power supply is necessary.
- Acquiring the fully automatic banana manufacturing machine a large amount of banana wafers production is produced.
Along with the above materials you also require the following materials for packaging and marketing:
- Cardboard boxes or Corrugated boxes.
- Printed Polythene bags.
- Pouches or Plastic bags.
Banana chips plan cost details
The banana chips are generally served as a side dish, snack or an appetizer. The Banana chips business needs a banana chips making machine to thrive in this business and to compete with other banana chips makers in the market. The banana manufacturing unit mainly depends on the following: production output and machine cost.
- Firstly, the working capital will contain around Rs. 8,00,000 and s semi-automatic machine consist of about Rs. 3, 00,000.
- Secondly, you will get the turnover across 47.77%.
- Thirdly, you will get the changes in the future and it is an assumption and the estimated Banana chips plan cost.
- You can change the capacity of the banana chips making business project plan and cost as per your requirement.
Banana chips business profit
When we see banana chips business profile then this business is no doubt profitable and when we see its profit on a yearly basis then one can make a profit of Rs 4,00,000 to Rs 6,00,000 from this business yearly. The starting price of 1 kg banana chips is Rs 150 but this price varies according to the different brands.
Is banana chips a profitable business?
Yes, banana chips is a profitable business because its consumption rate is high in India.
How to start a banana chips business at home?
To start a banana chips business at home you just need a banana chips making machine, the raw material that is required and the exact procedure of making it.
What is the profit margin of banana chips?
The profit margin of banana chips depends on the type of business one is operating. One can achieve a profit margin of Rs 4 to 6 lakh approximately yearly in this business.
How much does it cost to open a banana chip?
To open a banana chip, the working capital will contain around Rs. 8,00,000 and the semi-automatic machine consists of about Rs. 3,00,000.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this Article is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by StartupYo (SAB Weblabs Pvt.Ltd). While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and truest to the best of our knowledge, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.