- Animal Feed Making Business Overview
- Market Potential of Animal Feed Making Business
- Profitability Of Cattle Feed Production Business
- Investment for Animal Feed Production Business
- Machinery and Manufacturing Plant is needed to Set up for Animal Feed Making Business
- Manufacturing of animal feed
- Raw Materials required
- Two Types of Animal Feeds
- Legal Permissions and Registrations needed
- Spot to get Training for Animal Feed Making Business
Animal Feed Making Business Overview
Animal Feed is nothing but a food item that is consumed by the domestic animals in the course of Animal Husbandry. The commercial livestock farming success hugely depends on the constant best quality nutritious feeds supply. Thinking about how do I start an animal feed business as a small scale basis then don’t worry StartupYo guides you about all the following details like where to get train for Animal feed making business, what are the legal permissions and registrations needed, how profitable is cattle feed production business, what are the machinery and manufacturing plant is need to set up, how is animal feed made, what are the raw materials required, what are the two types of animal feeds and many more details.
Market Potential of Animal Feed Making Business
As compared to the traditional feed the market potential for the packaged feed is expected to grow at a huge price in future years. The per capita consumption of eggs, boiler meat, and milk is growing furiously. So the animal feed industry will undergo an exciting growth for the upcoming decade. Then a small scale cattle production business or animal feed making business is techno profitable project.
Profitability Of Cattle Feed Production Business
The major portion of animal feed to poultry farming and cattle. The maximum share of cattle feed production and consumption is held by the southern parts of India. So, cattle feed production business is profitable.
Investment for Animal Feed Production Business
Generally, this type of production business demands 02 types of capital investment and they are of the following:
- Firstly, Fixed Capital.
- Secondly, Working Capital.
The above 02 types of capital investment of Animal Feed Production Business can be explained briefly in the following:
Fixed Capital :
Fixed Capital is nothing but one-time investment which consists of fixed money and no need to invest again and again
Working Capital :
Working Capital includes the following:
- Firstly, Employees.
- Secondly, Daily expenses.
- Thirdly, Raw materials.
- Lastly, Transportation.
Machinery and Manufacturing Plant is needed to Set up for Animal Feed Making Business
For starting Animal Feed Making Business you need to procure an area of about 600 square feet. The following are the types of machinery and manufacturing plant is needed to set up for Animal Feed Making Business:
- Firstly, Ribbon blender 1 MT capacity with the following:, starter, reduction gear, gearbox, and motor.
- Secondly, Platform weighing machine.
- Thirdly, Testing Equipment for quality.
- After that, Disintegrator with the following: motor, starter, pulley, V belt, stand, etc 1M.Ton capacity.
- Then after, Gyratory sifter with motor starter extra sieve.
- Also, Bag sealing machine.
- Lastly, Miscellaneous equipment.
With the above types of machinery and manufacturing plant that are needed to set up for Animal Feed Making Business, you should also procure the following utility facilities like:
- Firstly, Water Supply.
- Secondly, Power Supply.
Manufacturing of animal feed
As per the formula, the manufacturing process is consists of size reduction and mixing of different ingredients. The preparation of Animal feed is quiet simple and following is the simple and easy way for the manufacturing of animal feed.
- Firstly, you need to choose all the ingredients in the right ratio.
- Secondly, as per the mesh size, the particle size will be reduced by passing them through pulverize or disintegrator.
- Thirdly, according to the formula, the various powdered ingredients will be weighted.
- After that, for blending uniformly they need to put into a ribbon blender.
- Then after, add the following raw materials like minerals mixes, molasses, and vitamins.
- Also, mix the above raw materials uniformly.
- Furthermore, to get in a pallet form extrude the materials.
- Additionally, then it is taken out which is obtained.
- Lastly, the animal feed product should be packed in gunny bags.
Note: The cattle formulation largely depends on the variety of the following: milk yield, cattle, and dairy ration, etc. The prevailing costs and the basic ingredients availability should be kept in mind while formulation the cattle feed which is very important .
Raw Materials required
Every different types of feed demand the formula of different mixing. The homemade animal feed is not that special of packaged animal feed. The quality of animal feed is more important in cattle feed production. To get to the long term success in this feed industry you need to maintain the quality of the product. The following are the raw materials that are required for the animal feed making business:
- Firstly, Groundnut Extraction
- Secondly, Maize
- Thirdly, Cottonseed
- After that, Salt
- Then after, Minerals mixture
- Also, Wheat bran
- Furthermore, Rice bran extraction
- Additionally, Damaged Wheat
- Then, Molasses
- After, Calcium Carbonate
- Lastly, Vitamin Mixture
Two Types of Animal Feeds
There are generally 02 types of animal feeds and they are of the following:
- Firstly, Fodder.
- Secondly, Forage.
The above 02 types of animal feeds can explain briefly in the following:
The word fodder often refers to “feed” and the functions of fodder can explain briefly in the following:
- Firstly, it is pleasant to taste.
- Secondly, in their natural form, it ensures fresh nutrients.
- Thirdly, it is easy for digestion.
- Lastly, it keeps the animal’s health good.
Forage is material of plant-like of the following: stems and plant leaves that are mostly consumed by the grazing livestock. The functions of forage can be explained briefly in the following:
- Firstly, for rumen digestion, it supplies specifically valuable fiber.
- Secondly, then other feeds being homegrown it is more sustainable and also economic.
- Thirdly, it favors in ensuring the dilute nutrient sources.
Legal Permissions and Registrations needed
The growth of animal feed industry has a rapid growth. For starting an Animal feed manufacturing business you need to obtain the following legal permissions and registrations.
- Firstly, you need to obtain a trade license.
- Secondly, you must obtain NOC (No Objection Certificate) from the State PCB (Pollution Control Board).
- Thirdly, you should check whether VAT is necessary or not.
- After that, you need to register your business.
- Then after, you must apply for MSME Udyog Aadhaar Online registration.
- Also, you should apply for BIS Certification (Bureau of Standards) for ISI mark.
Spot to get Training for Animal Feed Making Business
To get the technical knowledge the business person who has a goal will generally look for training sessions. Different Indian government authorities providing training sessions on the Animal Feed making business, to know the quality control and feed formulations follow the list mentioned below:
- Firstly, Haryana Agricultural University, College of Animal Sciences, Hissar – 125 004.
- Secondly, Govt. of Maharashtra Feed Analytical Laboratory, C/o. Wool Research Centre, Sheed Breeding Farms, Gokhale Nagar, Pune 411 016.
- Thirdly, B V Rao Institute of Poultry Management & Technology, Urlikanchan, Pune, Maharashtra.
- After that, TAPCO Feed Analytical Labs, No.2, Chamiers Road, Nandanam, Chennai 500 035.
- Then after, Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology, Bhubaneshwar 751 003.
- Also, Central Avian Research Institute, Izatnagar – 243 122, UP.
- Furthermore, Regional Feed Analytical Laboratory, Govt. of India, CPBF Campus, Industrial Area, Chandigarh 160 002.
- Additionally, Regional Feed Analytical Laboratory, Govt. of India, C/o. Central Poultry, Breeding Farms, Aarey Milk Colony, Mumbai 400 065.
- Then, Central Poultry Training Institute, Govt. of India, Hessarghatta, Bangalore 560 088.
- Lastly, ICAR Research Complex for North East Region, Bishnupur, Shillong 793 004.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this Article is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by StartupYo (SAB Weblabs Pvt.Ltd). While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and truest to the best of our knowledge, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.